Friday, September 15, 2006

Week two - welp see ya later!

Yay, 2 weeks of medical school I will never have to do again! Time is going fast so far. It better keep going that way. I'm giving myself another week or two to decide whether or not I will be coming home. Not sure which way I am leaning. But is it so interesting for professors to tell us things like, "You the physician...". All our classes are hitting on clinical correlations and really going beyond the basic sciences which I think most schools only do. On lab days everyone is walking around in scrubs/white coats, every week you just feel more like you are moving along.

Sana and I are already planning on what we are going to do the night after the first mini (exam). Remember that all my exams for all my classes are in one day, on one exam. It is like 150 or so questions. The kicker is, some of the classes we are taking only have maybe 10-15 questions on the mini. So, if we get 3 or 4 wrong in that subject (mind you it doesn't say which question goes to which class - they are all sort of interconnected) you FAIL. How's that for a kicker, haha. So there is alot of pressure. But my Dad said it best. It is pressure not stress. Stress if for those who may attack this mini without being prepared. Those prepared may feel pressure to do well, but not stress about failing. I hope this is true for me, because I am working my ass off (sorry Ma for the curse word ;-)). But I am.

So anyway, yeah we are planning on getting a pedicure after our mini (I didn't even know they did it here!). If you guys were here you'd realize how rough it gets walking around on rocks and dirt lol, so a pedicure would be fantastic! OLAS, the club I belong to is having a boat party that night. It is a 3-hour cruise around the island that Monday night. I don't know if I want to go out and do that yet. It raises money for the island but it is going to be wild. Even though I may feel like I did well, I am sure that would just drive me for the second mini.

Hard to believe the first mini is 3 weeks from Monday! There is no time to do much else but prepare. There are tons of people who still go play sports, watch movies, go out at night - I don't know how they can do it! I just flat out see me staying and studying is just an extra hour I have up on people. Ah well.

I am soooo excited for lectures to be over this week! I have an OLAS event to go to today - at 5pm Spanish classes are offered and at 6pm we are having a Merengue lesson! I think I will hit up the Spanish class. I have to be at these events sometimes since I am on E-board, but I think it will be a great club. I'm really trying to get involved here to keep me busy and build up some connections/resume/extracurriculars while I am here. But studying will always be my #1. :-P

I hope all is well... I definately want to give a shout out to Anna D - CONGRATULATIONS on grad school!!! How awesome! I can't wait to see you all again soon. If it so happens that I can't get back, my semester break is gonna rock! I have a budget I am trying to stay under for each semester and if all goes well, I might have a little extra to blow. ;-)

I can't wait! You think I am joking? No seriously, I can't!!! Hahaha... Alright I gotta go, but I'll write you all soon! All the pics are on my computer now so they should be up this weekend! Might not all have captions yet, but we'll see!

Jessie (haven't used that nickname is years... sure, let's try it today...)

:-D

No comments: