Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tiring Tuesday, lol...

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY BETHIE!!! :-D Be safe and have the bestest day! Love you!

Hey ya'll. Well, I am on my last hour of class - today was so blah. Yesterday was so good. We had embryology and histology but I learned so much and loved it! Histology (study of cells) seems so boring but it is so cool and interesting! I am actually still caught up! After almost 3 weeks that is pretty good. Everyday that pushes me to keep going! So many people are so behind and are so not even close to ready to tackle the exam but we'll see.

Last night though was the kicker. We had our cadaver lab review with our 5th semester TA. He is just about to enter into his 3rd year. He was amazing! Of course, he went over all the structures but he went into exam questions and clinical correlates. But I am not kidding, I knew about 95% of everything he was saying without question. I even would be bold enough to say that I answered just about 85% of ALL the questions asked by the TA. So many people had no idea what was going on, but I just kept speaking up! He even went ahead of what we were even doing. He just asked, "Can anyone tell me what lack of innervation produces a winged scapula in patients?" I said, "Thoracic nerve." "But which one?", he said. "Long thoracic nerve."

I felt sooo good! I felt so ahead of others. Not trying to put anyone down but this is what I have been working so hard for, to be ahead of many others. I hope I can keep this up. I feel really good about where I am right now.

But today, I must say I am so tired. I am actually getting lecture for the most part today so I am going to spend the rest of my day studying at home. I usually only do this for the weekend but I learned to listen to my body real well. If I am tired, hungry, frustrated - I know to eat, sleep, change environment. Sounds obvious, but alot of people push and push themselves here and you can see the stress steaming off of them. I feel again pressure, but still no stress. I know if I will be able to focus and retain if I stay on campus. Today, haha - no. So, me and the new roomie Matt will be heading home to study then hopefully going back and forth with questions!

Still a ton to do today. So I just have to keep plugging away. Wish me luck!

P.S. Want to give a shout out to my grandma! I hear you are reading these too! I miss you and everyone and I can't wait to see you! *muah!* :-D Give all my love to everyone.
XOXO

Jessica

No comments: