Thursday, September 14, 2006

Laminectomy and Spinal Cord Dissection!

WOW - HOLY TIRED, haha. Gross anatomy lab was amazing. The back muscles, like I said were dissected by our table's group A, but man - we had such a great experience with ours. I am so glad we got to do the spinal cord! I know this grosses so many people out but being able to actually cut through the bone (oh yes, yes we got to use a saw!!!) and to be able to see every little layer and nerve that we have been taught in class - CEMENTED it in. I am probably going back in on the weekend to view muscles again before they cut them away before next week's dissections. I almost passed out a couple times though because the smell was quite strong and I guess I was dehydrated? I dunno, because I know I ate before. We even called out lab professor over to ask him how it looked at the end and he said it looked very good. VERY GOOD! We all were soooo glad to hear that! I am the only girl in the group, too. But we all worked so well together I feel fortunate to have the group I do.

But I am so tired now. Standing for 4-4.5 hours is good enough for me. I am just going to be reading the rest of the night and I HAVE to get it done. So - I better get to it! The weekend is coming! Yay, for studying the whole time - but at least I can do it in my apartment and catch up on more important matters - talking to you all!

LOVE LOVE LOVE
xoxo

Jess

No comments: