Thursday, September 21, 2006

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming (right Becky?!)

It's official, I have strep throat. I hate this just because I am on such a roll with studying. Being in med school I acutally know (just kidding I knew this before) but my throat is completely on fire and white spots are all around the back and pretty much just my whole body is tired. I am going to take care of myself but I still gotta keep studying so I am so glad tomorrow is Friday because then I can just spend my weekend at the apartment. Even now I feel so beat. But I am just about out of class in a couple hours and will run into the clinic and see what the line is like.

All I can think about it the antibiotics they are going to give me. I am worried they will make me feel tired because I know that my mitochondia make ribosomes that are similar to bacteria. Since the antibiotics decrease the bacteria's ribosomes (which make proteins) I know that some of my mitochondria which produce all my ATP (energy) will be depleted, because the ribosomes will be knocked out as well. LOL - how's that? That is so sad that I am thinking this way lol. But if they give me meds, don't worry I'll be taking them. So don't worry Mom! (*note - I wrote this blog right before I checked my throat in the mirror - you best believe I will be downing some meds)...

Hopefully, next week I will be fresh. Today will be a long day of studying. I will be on campus till about 10pm tonight. I have my anatomy review again tonight at 8pm, but he is not going over the same things as Monday. He said just come with questions so I am going to just go with random questions and try to get ahead for next week. He wants us to know all the arteries and its branches from the subclavian to the brachial artery by Monday. So I am about 1/2 way done with that.

Anyway, everything else is fine. I have a great new roomie Matt (Hi Matt!). He is keeping me cheery just like Sana and making sure I feel alright. I love my roomies!!! We only have 1 hour of class tomorrow though. We don't start until 10! I have PBL though (grrr), I am so mad at that class. I am going to see how my prof is and talk to him/her about missing a class. Doubtful, but if I can't make it home this semester before December, here's the deal: I think I will know how everything works on here by the time first semester is over. I will know how to study, what to expect - soooo, I will then, after first semester, come home every 8 weeks starting next semester. I think that would probably be a smarter idea. Even though I am dying to come home. So I'll just check out my prof and see what's up.

Well, alrighty - I am tired and need to get back to anatomy - its the shoulder girdle today - yay! Haha, alright I'll try to write again later to let ya know how I am feeling... because I am sure you all are at the end of your seats on that one :-P

Love you all and missing you more everyday!

Jessica

No comments: