Friday, September 22, 2006

Don't know what to think about today...

Today sure wasn't good but still not that bad. I guess today can be called a "bad day". I woke up feeling absolutely awful. It was so painful it made my eyes water so people thought I was crying. Man, I felt like it anyway. After a while, I slept for another couple hours and got up for good. I started reading but was in so much pain. I took my next dose of Zithromax and took a load of Motrin. After that, I started to feel better and am still doing okay now. Still tired but at least my temperature (which hit 100.3 degrees today) went down.

I missed my one class today but watched it and made it up. No biggie. But I had my first PBL class today and didn't know what to do. I was in so much pain and knew I could get out of class with my note from the clinic, but I decided to go. I didn't want to get behind. So, I go. I wait outside of the class with my stuff with everyone but my throat is bothering me. So I leave all my stuff outside the classroom and get a water and a small juice for my throat. When I came back 3 minutes later, everyone was inside. So I brought my books in and sat down. The class was worth it to go to. We have our own cases to figure out and research (the first topic is infertility). We basically go through what we would do, what possibilities are there for the problem, yada yada. Then we go home do our own research and bring it back the next week. So after all that was done today, our professor had us evaluate our group and ourselves. It is out of 11pts. So we go around the room saying what we think we should get. I said the group should get 10 and I should get 9 or 10. I did all the writing on the boards, was interactive, made good questions, etc. So he decides to give us a 9.5 for the day. Ok. Not too bad, but a little harsh I thought for an introductory day. So everyone gets the group grade unless he thinks someone deserves differently. Well well, turns out since I went to go get my stupid water I was now "late" and I only get 8 points, instead of the groups 9.5. Me and another girl got that.

I wanted to say something so bad, my blood was boiling. I don't know the other girl's excuse but I had a good one. Heck, I could have skipped today with my note and got the 9.5. But no, I had to be ambitious and go to class. I was so 'erked' by it. Anyway, so now I am in a bad mood. This class is only worth 5% of each class I have so really I am not going to really loose anything in the end, especially if I do well in the class anyway. I just kept thinking, "Wow, I go to class sick as a dog and get 8 points but I didn't want to miss class to come home after the first mini and I could still get 6 from that?" Why don't I just come home? If I put so much effort for 8 points what's the point? I can't shake that right now and am still upset because I still can't talk myself into coming home because I am "afraid to lose points". Ugh. Anyway yeah, so I am studying tonight till prolly 11pm or so. I hope my mood changes. All I can think about today is home.

I miss home today so bad. I hear of people tailgating, hitting up the bars and just having so much fun and I miss it. I just keep thinking that I will never have fun again. This I know is such a huge exaggeration BLOWN out of proportion but that is just how I feel today. Everyday I hear how I am committing myself to lifelong learning, I am studying 24/7, I never have fun... I guess I just keep thinking that my "fun, young" life is over. And that makes me sad.

Hopefully it is not and what cheers me up is knowing that ya'll back in Ttown won't let me stop having a good time. I can't wait to get back and have some fun with you guys! Every week that goes by gets me more and more excited. I am going to be jumping right off the plane!

Hopefully, I get alot done tonight and that will somehow "lift" my spirits, lol. I never though that this would put me in a good mood. But progress here is all I have here to make me feel like I am moving along... At least I have 2 days now to spend at the apartment studying of course, but relaxing too.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Missing all my family and friends too much... I love you all so much!

Jessica
P.S. On the upside (completely having to do with school, lol) I ran for Ross's SGA (student government association) and won! I am on the Honor Council here as a representitive. I was pretty surprised because alot of the class voted (over 350 people in the class) and about 8 or 9 people ran for 2 positions so that was cool. So I am the Secretary of OLAS now and on the SGA Honor Council! Glad I am getting involved early because it will look good for applying for residencies and I think will be nice to be more of a part of Ross than a student. I thought that was pretty cool. Alright, I'm outty.

No comments: