Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I survived lol!

Good morning world! How are you all? Well, I had my first day of classes in med school! Not bad :). Our profs are really nice, I went up to talk to two of them after lectures to ask a couple quick questions. Very helpful. We even had one of our profs, head of anatomy tell us (who was in the military, "I was once told by my superior officer, 'You're mama may have given birth to you but your ass belongs to me. So I am going to tell you the same thing... Your mama may have..." You get the picture. He meant it as a joke though, but it was real funny.

I think I might join a biochemistry peer group study - I am ruuuusssttyy. Anyway today, is Doctor, Patient & Society and Biochem again. Shouldn't be too bad. We also find out what lab groups we are in. So then I can find out when I can possibly get home. I really think that this semester is going to fly by. I already have a calender with my RED marker crossing off all the days! Haha, oh and I think we are getting a 4th roomie. Now it is two guys/two girls. I think it is good though because for the past two night Sana and I have been coming home and our apartment door is WIDE open. I think it is our older roomie Roger who thinks we are home and leaves it open, so I'll have to ask. But Sana and I go through our apartment with my pepper spray checking out the rooms/bathrooms/nooks and crannies. Our hearts drop when we get home. Thinking someone is inside your place, when it is pitch black, and in a strange country is not the way to end the day.

Anyway, things are good. I have made flashcards of all my back muscles (power went out last night for a while so we had to do it with flashlights - talk about dedication!!!) and working on that today. Going to try to study longer than last night, we went to bed early just because I think it was the first day and our brains were overloaded.

Usually, after class we head to the library till nighttime. BUT they kick you out if you have anything to eat/drink except water. They are so mean about it. They told us (they kicked me out once already) that if we bring that stuff in we are 'suspended' from the library for two weeks. That is so lame. But then we would move it to Classroom 5 maybe at the end of the night.

Sana still doesn't know the name of the "hott guy" yet. I told her she has until the White Coat Ceremoney (yay, I get my coat!!!!!) to figure it out lol. That is this Friday! I kinda think it is odd they are giving us our white coats before we barely get started but all school do it, so oh well.

Welp - next stop: KNOWLEDGE! (Finding Nemo!) Class is starting, gotta jet.

Much love to you all!

Jessica

No comments: