Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Countdown to the Mini!

Hi peoples! How are you all? I am doing alright. I am completely better now - thank God. I am so glad I didn't fall behind. I am just sitting in class waiting for it to start. I have class till noon and then I have dissection lab today from 1-5pm and I am dissecting the pectorial region and the breast. Gonna be a looooong afternoon. But then I think that I will be heading to the apartment after. I spent too long on campus yesterday.

Anyhoo - yeah I joined up with AMSA now (American Medical Student Association) which is an association that is really great to have connections when becoming a physician (becomes the AMA - American Medical Association). We are going to be able to get some good clinical experience and good connections.

*(Continuing the next day - Wednesday, September 26th)*

Welp, lab was so frustrating for me. In our dissection our cadaver actually had a double mastectomy (both breasts removed) so we could not study then breast. Then we found out she did now have a pectoralis minor muscle in her chest either. This could either be from a congenital problem or from the mastectomy but it made our dissection seem 'unfinished'. My group was frustrating me a little too because it just didn't seem that they read up on the dissection at all. I was finding myself answering tons of questions and always holding the scalpel. I guess it was good because I felt on top of things but it gave me a headache. Trying to indentify all the nerves, veins and arteries was hard too because you know where they are in the book - but the body is NOTHING like the book. For identifying structures, I barely even look at the book now. The book looks sooo perfect lol, yeah - it's not.

Anyway, we finished but I still feel iffy on how we did. I hope we did alright. We don't get our grades till the end. By the time I got home I was so hungry so I ate and then, of course, felt like sleeping. I figured that I should catch up on sleep from being sick so I did. So today, I have to get done a ton. It should be alright though. This weekend there is a practice practical exam for our anatomy lab so I will be doing that and then studying like mad for this mini. I can't believe it is a week from Monday! Also, I am thinking about my reading for week 6. We have our mini on Monday but usually I have the reading for the week done the week before. So this could be a crunch to get that reading done while studying for the mini. We'll see how it goes.

Our boat party for OLAS is completely sold out, lol. People must have wanted to go bad after the first mini! I am giving up my spot because I am definately not going to be in "party" mode after that is over. I am prolly going to want to study lol. As far as SGA (student government) nothing has happened yet. No emails or anything. Our Class Rep is really nice but 'erk'ed me today. He was talking to me about things people are complaining about already (of course). People want construction of our bathrooms outside to wait until the afternoon (getting picky, I think). You can't really stop them from working. They have lives too and the sooner they finish the sooner they are gone. Secondly, people now want a 'breakdown' of our test questions. Sigh. Alright well that is the job for the Curriculum Rep. Oh wait no it isn't. Our Class Rep was trying to tell me that it should be everyone on the government board pitching into help. RIGHT. I didn't say this to him today because I just didn't want to give the energy but that is not my job and I didn't run for that position. Just like I don't expect anyone to do my job in the Honor Council I am not going to pick up someone else's job that they chose to run for. So whatever. if we have a meeting I am definately going to say something if it goes too far.

So yeah, I am in class today till about 3pm then studying on campus until Matt is done with his PBL class then back to the apartment.

Besides school, everything is good - my countdown went into the 70s, for days I mean! That made me happy (okay, 79 :-P). Welp, back to class. *Hugs* to all!

Love,
Jess

No comments: