Thursday, September 07, 2006

A day with NO rain...

Wow, today was the first day I think that it did not rain here in Dominica. I wish it would thunderstorm tonight! I sleep so great when it is raining! I just got back to my apartment a little bit ago. Gonna finish up studying soon but not before I had to sew on my Ross University patch onto my white coat for tomorrow's ceremony!

I think I am still the only one excited about this. Oh well. Today was interesting... Sana and I were coming back from class and went to get some dinner from the shacks. There were two young guys from here yelling at each other in the middle of all the shacks. They weren't speaking English but I think it was over a bike, because they were both pulling at it and trying to take it. The bike belonged to this one guy but the other one wanted it for some reason. Sana and I walked past them, but just as we did the other guy had a huge knife in his hand and swiped it at the other guy! I was like woah!!! Everyone who was in the area was just standing there still and staring. He kept pushing the knife in his face and I guess someone who was one of his friends took the knife away from him after about 10 minutes. It freaked me out a little, not like anything was going to happen to me.

It was funny because Sana didn't even care! She was like, "Oh, he has a knife? Oh well, he isn't going to stab me." I was just dumbfounded because she is SOOOO afraid of dogs but this didn't even phase her. LOL, so funny. But yeah, after that we just went to go study for another long while.

Otherwise, I am just chillin' for now. Can't wait till this weekend when I get to study in my apartment! I think that will be a nice break from the library and classrooms!

Alright, I am gonna scoot! But I'll talk to you all soon!!!

:-D ME!

No comments: