Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Whew so much going on!!!

Busy, busy, busy is the life of a med student :-P. Busy but so exciting! Of course there are more specific reasons that I wanted to go into medicine but as far as grad school in general - I just love new challenges. I really think I would get bored if I just picked something in physiology right out of college. After a while, I think it wouldn't seem like a challenge and as the years go on I would just become bored. Boy did I pick a good one! The challenges I know will always be there and that is alot of the reason why I know I will LOVE doing this.

Today was alright. I am still drained from the exam but no time to rest!!! I gotta bust my bottom so I can head home!!! I know I will be home so soon but - boy- still so much to do. We have 3 weeks of class after this week, a DPS practical exam, anatomy lab exam #2, histology lab exam #2, my mini #3 and my final exam! Whew!!! Yikes! It was so cool, I bumped into an accepted student that might be comin gin January. She was just here with her parents to check out the island. I walked them to the bank to open an account and what not but she kept asking me questions. It felt so strange! Jessica the veteran? LOL. I did my best to help but I didn't have many negative things to say about here. I told her that I was still on my "high" from getting in, so I loved it here. But then I saw her and her parents again the next day by the annex, lol. I gave her my s/n so if she has any other questions but it was so strange to know that new people are on their way next month!!!

Yesterday, I dissected the thoracic wall. We removed the whole ribcage to show the heart and lungs! Lungs feel sooo cool! :D I couldn't stop squeezin' em! Gross/wierd, I know. Sorry. But we could even see all the damage due to city life/smoking. I could even feel the tiniest of little carbon pebbles in the lung. Very interesting now I see why smoking is bad lol. ONLY ONE MORE DISSECTION! Next week is the dissection of the inside of the heart! Then anatomy lab is all over. I just with PBL was over as quickly. Still have 2 more sessions after this week. Ah well!

Okay it is time to get studying... I'll write again probably tomorrow!

Love you all!

Jessica! :)

No comments: