Thursday, November 16, 2006

Competition isn't always good...

Well I am here in Classroom 1 studying all day/night. I love it here. I am so much more relaxed doing it this way. No one is really here to bother me and I just can be in my own thoughts. I also thought it was pretty cool that I was sitting in here and the scholar meeting started. I thought I'd get to see what they do and if it held any advantage. Yeah, not to me. I was appauled by the horrendous bickering going on. It annoyed me very much.

This is now what I see as my future. Not just the competition of doing well in class but trying to tread the water of all these people in my class that just "can't be wrong". Everything was so nit picky! See, the "scholars" make up practice questions to go over in a quiz during the meeting. I thought that was a very good way of cementing in class material but - wow - everyone had a correction to make to the questions, saying they should be more specific or needs to be re-worded, yada yada... I understand that a question can have many answers if worded poorly but come on. If you know that, the answer can be 'X' if the question means this and 'Y' if the question means that - just just leave it at that. So many people I see just "have to be right", or have to make their point, or have to maintain their ego and it frustrating to me. I am so excited of what I have learned so far and thrilled for what I have yet to learn but this is what I couldn't stand about "pre-meds" in college. The undying ego.

I see myself frustrated in the future, even when I get into rotations because I will be surrounded by people like this. Anyway, I'm getting over it but am definately left wondering about how things will be in semesters to come...

BUT my last lab is TODAY! I am dissecting the inside of the heart! After that, so long lab for a good 2 months! Anyway, this entry is kinda ill-toned and I need to change my mood. So I am going to finish my fruit salad that I got for lunch :) study a bit more and head to lab!

I love you all and miss you so much!!! But I will be seeing you really soon!!!!

Jessica

No comments: