Thursday, November 09, 2006

Class is over in 3 weeks!

Wow, funny to think a few months ago I was posting saying I was leaving home in 3 weeks - now it's 3 weeks until class if over for 1st semester! Incredible!

Tomorrow should be the day our test results come in! I am more excited then nervous but I am sure that will change when I get the email! This next week should be pretty easy. We don't have that long of days, so that is nice. But starting a week from Tuesday - exams start back up! We start of with our DPS practical exam. I'M SO EXCITED! I'm gonna be on that plane before I know it!

I can't believe tomorrow is the 10th... wow. Pretty much today I am in shock at how the time has flied. Today was pretty good. Went to class and then I went to Portsmouth Hospital with some girls from OLAS to give them one of those huge cardboard checks! It was for $1000 US or about $2700EC. I was shocked when we walked in. This was nothing like hospitals back home. There is a bigger one, Princess Margaret Hospital in Roseau but this one was extremely tiny. No bigger than an urgent care center we have back at home. Wards for women, men , children and even ICU were just one small room each. We got the chance to look around for a minute while waiting for the head nurse. Very eye-opening. We handed the check over to the nurses and took a couple quick pics with them and headed back to campus.

Later today, I went to a good meeting on how to study for my USMLE Step 1 exam. Of course, not taking it till around next May/June but can never hurt to know! Not much to do to prepare while I am in 1st or 2nd semester except to follow along with my classes with the First Aid book. That's about it for now. No sense of doing practice questions when I don't know the material yet. Crazy how much more I still have to learn before I take this exam...

Goodness! Alright, well I am going to hit the books! Make sure the clotting casade is solid in my head!!! :D

Love,
Jess

No comments: