Thursday, November 29, 2007

NOW it feels like I am coming home!

ICM IS OVER!!! Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be - as expected, haha. I had one senario, two tasks and Harvey (our patient simulator). So today I was asked to examine a patient complaining of breathlessness (pretty much a reinactment of what I did in 3rd! Haha!), examine the thyroid and for hyperthyroidism, visual fields and identify a murmur, mine was innocent, haha. It could have been so much worse! Even typing them out right now I know how easy they are! Of course I managed to mess up a couple small things but it went really well and am hoping I made the A! Now, I am cramming for my pathology lab exam in the morning. I am not too worried about it as I am planning on staying up all night so it will all get done. Hmm, what else?

Oh yeah right after my ICM exam I was in my first earthquake! The epicenter was in Martinique at a 7.3! Sana and I were in the library and I started feeling some shaking (I have felt this twice in my own bedroom but not to this extent!) and all of a sudden it gets worse and worse! The walls of the library start shaking and everyone starts rushing towards the exits! We were outside only a few minutes before heading back in but it was wild! Mother nature must be getting back at me for missing out on the hurricane a couple months ago!!! Very interesting though because we even saw some of the staff squirm about! Usually they think it is funny how we all over-react to things, like the hurricane. They have been through it all before and know what to do! So that was interesting.

Anyway, I have like 15 hours before my path lab exam so I better get my butt into gear! After tomorrow morning I am down to 5 exams from 7! Five exams keeping me from all the loves back home!!! Happy days sooooo soon to come!

No comments: