Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving from the island... again.

Wow, a year has passed. Thanksgiving is here again. I wish I was home for it so bad to see all of my family. I am trying to keep a more positive attitude than last year but it was honestly the worst day here on the island last year so today is second to only last Thanksgiving, haha. I have quite a few things to do today to keep me busy so I am hoping that makes the day fly for me. Ah well, now I am on campus to study all day. I thought it would be easy to think of other things but I just think about my family and friends, fooooooooood, parades, cool and crisp weather... Sigh...

Let's see what am I thankful for? Family, friends, everything from home... lol. Down here? Well I am grateful I made it through these 16 months. I am grateful that I have been privileged to really be a part of Ross as a leader in so many different clubs. Grateful too that I now have knowledge to teach others under me (like today I am a TA for 1st semesters). I am grateful that while I have had to cram so much in my head, that even though I feel like it's so hard to retain it all - I still have my determination and passion for medicine. I know I am grateful for so many things, especially that this is the last holiday I have to sacrifice in my time here. 3 weeks from tomorrow I leave for good. That is one the greatest of all things to be thankful for.

I love you all SO very much and don't know where I would be without all of your love and support. So close to coming back home to you all and words can't even explain how that makes me feel. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: