Friday, November 23, 2007

Classes on the island - FINISHED.

It's over! Lectures for my first two years of medical school are over! Now only 7 exams stand in my way from finishing my second year! This is so wierd. After 18 years of learning in the classrooms, I am finally done. While in 5th semester is between 2nd and 3rd year and we have a few lectures here and there - I can't help to extrapolate a little and say to myself that I will be beginning my 3rd year, forever done with the classrooms and now continuing my education in the hospital (Of course to my patients, I will be a "5th semester student"). Such a great feeling!

So what's on the agenda today? Well, I'm thinking I will study a bit for today, head on home then get ready for a fun night out. Why not! Been waiting for this day a long time and at times I never thought it would come! Studying this weekend will mostly be at the apartment I'm sure but it is definitely time to get the nose to the grindstone. I have been able to pump out some good work but I know it is near impossible to finish all I want to before the Shelf exams. I will get it done before the COMP which is ~1.5 months away luckily but I am darn well going to try to do as much as I can. I figure, the more I get done before the shelfs the more time I will save myself for when I come home to study for the COMP!

Just gotta keep pushing and not get too down when time runs out - I can only do what I can in one week. So, back to it so I can get out tonight! Hopefully, I will get a good sleep and wake up semi-refreshed, haha!

No comments: