Friday, October 20, 2006

Yet another week done...

Hi everyone! It's about 8:30pm on a Friday and I am all snug in my bed with all my books. No joke I have like 3 piles of books around me, haha.

Well, I checked my grades finally and they turned out alright. Didn't do as well as I wanted in Biochemisty but all others went pretty well! So that was a relief! I'll do alot better on this next one - this one I guess just got everyone used to how exams are. But hey, mini #2 is just around the corner - two weeks from this Monday!

Tomorrow morning it will officially be under 8 weeks till I come home! I am soooo happy!!! Just as long as I kick butt on the rest of this semester I can't imagine how stoked I will be when I get home!

I know I had alot of things to say but now, of course, I cannot remember!!! Argh.

This week's material was UNREAL. I have about 10 packets to look over and that is just from the packets that the professors were nice enough to print! LOL. THERE'S MORE!

But I feel pretty organized now, a little more like I am getting an idea of how things work around here with exams. Tomorrow morning I am actually going to another review. Even before that I have another meeting.

Today's PHR meeting was good! I am really looking forward to working on this PANZI project! We are collaborating with other students in Canada and just to start out we are going to be putting together a presentation about our cause as well as having a movie night hopefully depicting the issues we are talking about in the Congo - such as a documentary or Hotel Rowanda. This is a brand new project and we all agreed we don't just want to be raising money for this clinic but to spead awareness and hopefully one day become involved with Doctors Without Borders to travel to this and hopefully other locations where medical attention is needed. The meeting tomorrow is for another club. Not sure which it is but I was just interested because they are always telling us here to get involved with the island because their heath care system, while it has come a long way - still needs alot of work. We will be figuring out ways to raise money for the Portsmouth Hospital to get them a second ventilator. There are many children that have died because they only have one for all the patients that they see so we are going to be brainstorming I suppose.

But I am so glad to get involved! It really puts in perspective of what my goals are - this! Being with people! Even when my biochem grade didn't turn out how I really wanted - how can that compare when I will be working to help people here in Dominica, who have been so kind and welcoming to all of us, and even people as far away as in the Congo? No matter where the people are it would really be great to expand these projects while I am here - becoming more creative to do something big! I think it is just going to get more exciting! :-D

Anyway, I have to get going! I have some stuff I still want to get done tonight but I will write again tomorrow!

I love you guys! XOXO More to come!

Jessica :)

No comments: