Saturday, October 14, 2006

Been far too long...

WOW, it's been a while. But believe me I saved you all. I just have been in a funk from my exam (still haven't checked my score) hahaha, but I will soon I promise!

So much has gone on so I will try to make this not too long but hey, at least it will be interested!

Hmm, where to begin. Okay the test. Well, everyone has checked their scores mostly. Some are happy some aren't. I guess I won't make this into that big of a deal because there are more tests to come and this semester is only worth 45% of our 1st year final grade and plus the test is the reason I haven't been posting so let's move on, haha.

I think though if it goes well I will be on cloud nine. I feel so good here, excited to be here. I am talking crazy medical jargon which I can't believe I am actually doing. Everyday I get a smile on my face because it makes me laugh to know I am doing what I always dreamed of doing. Even last night I learned how to do three different kinds of sutures! Suturing! As a first-year medical student! I learned how to do disconnected (one at a time), connected (multiple), as well as interal sutures (for facial or plastic surgery to minimize scarring). I couldn't believe it. I even learned the different kinds of suture materials and knotting tricks too! I am going to practice today - if you want to learn I'll show you (it honestly isn't that hard but we will pretend like it is so I feel smart) hahaha. Wow, I feel like I have so much to say because this is sort of like my diary and I haven't posted in about 5 days! I hope this doesn't happen after every exam!

It is really raining today! It is funny how now it can be sunny but I can hear the rain coming from miles away sounds so quiet but then it comes toward the apartment and you can hear it banging off the aluminum roof! It sometimes, like today, rains so hard it seems like the rain is actually moving slow! So peaceful though and definate studying whether.

I can't believe I am onto week 7! I can feel the end coming even though I still have to get though a good amount. But it is coming! After this week I will have been here 2 whole months!

I went to the BodyTracker thing again. Went down another 2lbs to 117.6lbs! I was like yikes! We'll see what it is in another 2 weeks but I don't need anything less than that so I am going to have to find some food down here! Hahaha. I wonder if I look teenier? Anyhoo, so I am just working on reviewing the past week as usual. I am switching up my game a little. Everyone is doing their little "tweaks" after this mini to their studying. I am still doing all my reading but as far as practice question, I am waiting to do that till before the exam. The practice exams I did (6) were a joke compared to this test. So I am not sure if I will be doing many of those again but I will be taking both Saturday and Sunday to review now and hopefully watching lectures over again. I realize how much time this will take up but I think it is something I should do so I will (of course watch it on 2X speed lol). I am reviewing alot slower too to make sure I understand. I think that was my problem. I have been reading and stuff to stay ahead - and I was - but I think I was doing all that just to rush and get it done and not really going through it like I should have, so - more time for reviewing.

I am feeling pretty good - even now I am going back and forth about checking my scores but I will soon enough. Actually went out on the town last night! Okay, I went to classroom 6 to watch a movie - but hey - I had fun! I saw The DaVinci Code finally! It was put on by the club I am in, OLAS, to raise money for the Portsmouth Hospital. We packed the house! It was great! The movie was good but nothing as good as the book. The book actually had you on the edge of your seat but the movie figured out all the puzzles too quickly and killed the suspense. Ah well, I just loved being able to watch A WHOLE MOVIE! Don't get to do that too often. How sad.

Well, I am going to get back to it - nice talking to you all and I'll be sure to keep up with my posting... Until the next mini - hahaha, just kidding.

I love you all and REALLY miss you! But the end of semester one is coming!!!

Love, Jess
XOXOXO

No comments: