Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A little game of cat and mouse...

I have made a new friend! I now have a rat in my apartment:-P, I think I will name him Herman. LOL. Wow what a night. I thought I saw something earlier in the day run by me in my room but then I looked around, saw nothing and ignored it. Yea, all day long that thing was in my room. I went to bed and then I started hearing the little gnawing bites of what I though was termites! Then I heard sounds from behind my dresser! What was going on? Even though I am getting better with killing bugs (alot better) I just couldn't do this one by myself. Inside my little, bug-netted bed I text messaged Matt and said "Something is in my room!"

With his gross anatomy latex gloves, a bag in one hand and a broom in the other - wow did he chase this thing for me! It was so nice of him!!! Thanks Matt! Unfortunately, we ended up getting him out of my room but we forgot to shut the apartment door. So now it is in the kitchen. SIGH. Hahaha. We though he was in the stove and waited a while but then I just ended up going back to bed after carefully surveying my room.

I woke up this morning happy it wasn't at least in my room only to find a note from Matt saying "I saw the mouse and hit it with the broom. Unfortunately Jess, I think it ended up back in your room." Hahaha. Why do I think this is so funny? Oh well. I honestly think it was a mouse not a rat, but it was a good foot long!

We'll deal with it when we get home today after class which should be around noon.

It makes me laugh to type this out though so I guess that is good. Most of my "studying" is done. I did my first mini yesterday but not sure what to think of it. There were alot of questions about topics we aren't covering for this first mini. I have noticed that I do second guess alot which makes me get them wrong. I think I had a good 7 or 8/90 that were second guessing errors. So I'll be working on that today for the practice mini today. I learned possibly some good topics to cover, like more details about diseases such as more technical issues such as the beta-chains of Sickle-cell patients is disrupted and inceasing the gamma-chains may be a form of treatment. Yada yada.

I think from now on it is going to be hard to figure out what to study. It is mostly taking these exams which I think I am ready to start doing but if I have any doubts about it whether I get it right or not I still look it up. So hopefully that will be effective. Our gross anatomy practical is in 2 days so I hope that goes well too. I think I have done all I can do and might look over some prosection videos again, but that's about it.

Whew, what a 24 hours! Well I better get going - class is starting!

I'll try to write again later today.

Love, Jess

No comments: