Sunday, December 09, 2007

Leaving this week!

I am now entering my last week on the island! Friday, I fly out and head back to Michigan for good! Just have a little over 4 days to go! Last night was alot of fun, I got to hang out with my friend Lynn at Tomatos, have dinner and just chat for a few hours! Sooooo nice! It made me even more excited to get home because I finally got a taste of what it was like just to TALK to someone! Everyone here can get so uptight and competitive but just talking with her was just so great - felt like I was back home! HUGS Lynn! Love ya and going to miss you alot!!!

Tomorrow is my last Shelf exam, ICM. I am working my way through High Yield Internal Medicine right now and that's about all I am going to do. I doubt the test will be that bad but am so excited for when it is over - then just ONE exam to go!!!!!! After my exam tomorrow I have to track down James so I can get my security deposit back and say goodbye to some of the faculty who have helped me with my organizations! After that I am done with my "errands" I have to get done with and can just concentrate on packing and smiling my bootie off! My mini is this Friday at 8am and I leave for the airport at noon! :) So excited, I can hardly wait!

My folks are putting me up in a hotel when I get to San Juan, too! Usually, I just huddle all of my luggage together and stay up all night to save some money but I am so excited I can sleep in a nice hotel, get some room service (maybe take a bubble bath?!)! I get in to San Juan at about 5:30pm and my next flight isn't until 7am the next morning - so I am going to do, you guessed it - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! :D The hotel is actually attached to the airport so that is great too! I will fly into Florida around 10am and my next flight is directly after to get home at 2:20pm!

So excited to see my family and Tony! I can't believe I haven't seen him in nearly 4 months. I'm so glad I will never have to do it again! We made it through these 16 months and I know it has made us so strong. There doesn't seem to be much now that can be that difficult - doing this is definitely the ultimate test for any relationship, haha. Well I should get back to ICM stuff, I want to finish it so I can work on my mini (last exam EVER in Dominica!) aaaaand maybe daydreaming a little about home!

No comments: