Thursday, December 13, 2007

Leaving Dominica Tomorrow!

In less than 24 hours I will be in a taxi on my way to the airport to head back to Michigan! My time here on the Rock is over! One more exam to take in the morning and that is all that is left. I have just a huge sense of relief. While I still have alot of work to do today - I'll get it done and just do the best I can tomorrow. I am trying to imagine myself now how I will feel when I sit myself down on the prop plane to get out of here - I just can't wait!

My path is what is taking the most time out of my day but pretty soon I am going to head to the gym for my last workout and then grab my security deposit from James. After that, I will be back in the apartment to study out the rest of my time, head to my 8am exam then back to be picked up by Alexis... for the last time! I am sure it will all hit me more tomorrow that my time is over here because right now I still feel a little under pressure to study and get some things done.

The next time I write I will probably be in San Juan, at my lovely hotel! The taxi is picking me up so quickly that I most likely will not have a chance to write before I leave! So, as my last post in Dominica, I want to thank the people for their hospitality and bid the island farewell. I have never been pushed so hard, felt the biggest highs and lows and especially feel the sense of accomplishment that I have over the past 16 months. My first two years end tomorrow and then begins my time as a 3rd year medical student. I will no doubt strive to be the most eager, ambitious and hard-working student in the future hospitals - I just can't wait for it! It will be nice too when I can start posting about my experiences during rotations as I am sure my posts have gotten a bit "blah" over all these basic science years, haha.

Well, time to move on! I'm going to get in my last bit of studying before my LAST exam ever on the island! So until I return to United States territory - I love you all and see you very soon!!!
***GOODBYE DOMINICA!!!***

No comments: