Monday, December 17, 2007

Getting settled back in my old life...

This is the greatest! I have made it back home before the storm and am sitting cozy in my new house (ok, we got it back in April so semi-new) with TONS of snow on the ground!!! It's so beautiful! I have unpacked my first 4 bags - whew! My folks still have I think 3 more for me but I will get to that later. But getting home was great! I had so many surprises!!!!

My mom wanted to catch some drinks at a restaurant inside the airport to celebrate so of course, how could I turn that down!?! But walking inside I looked up and saw my family, Tony's family and some of my closest friends all waiting for me!!!!!! I was so touched and, yes, I cried. I figured I would see them all but my parents put it all together with Tony's help and it was just so wonderful to hug everyone that is so very close to my heart and that I have missed all this time! But the surprises didn't end there! Tony took me home where I have traditionally hugged the back corner of it and we got to relax for a few. Then he wanted me to see my Christmas present a little early.

He takes me downstairs - ooooooh he set up an entertainment center with couches and our old big screen (I got him a flat screen for Christmas for the upstairs). But no, that wasn't it! I turned the corner and he flicks on some flights then *heavenly music* Tony built me a wet bar in the basement!!! The mother of all bars! With the help of Andy and Phil (thank you!!!) I see a 10 foot oak bar with that honey laquor kinda stuff to make it all soooo shiny! There is also a lighted display case in the back for our glass mugs, shot glasses and soon to be a wine rack for me! I see a 19" LCD screen tv!!! Also, my college mini fridge all is tucked back and into the wooden casing of the bar next to a beautiful sink! It is beautiful and amazing! They did such a wonderful job - I am actually in awe of it! It took them nearly a month to make! No wonder Tony wasn't online much my last month in Dominica, hahaha.


But those were our presents to each other. Of course you can tell how we both will benefit from them and will love them - but it adds so much to the house! After that we went out to Big Al's for the night and had another great time! So nice to see everyone! We sure packed alot into one day!

Tony's off at work now and I have just started up my COMP exam studying. Back to the basics of biochem and anatomy. I don't want to dwell on those subjects too long but I better get back to it before I have to go shopping with Corey (Tony's sis)! All I have to say is - IT IS GOOD TO BE HOME!

No comments: