Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Undying motivation...

Today I found myself awake at about 5:20am. I got up, got ready for the day and busted out of my apartment and got set up to campus by 6am. Yesterday, I was on campus from 7:30am until 11pm and the last 3 days last week I was on campus from about 7:30am-1am the next day. My eyes are as red as can be and sore though my body and mind are ready to go another 10 rounds. Where is this coming from? Is it because I am going home in a few days? Or that I am just determined to kick this mini's butt next week? Maybe both, I don't know but the hours I am putting in I think are going to pay off big time. My study techniques have always been, well - sub-par in my standards but lately I find my studying more effective. I must give credit to the new topics I am learning too I suppose.

I am very happy with how things are going and while it is still early in the morning now (6:55am) I can't wait for that bookstore to open so I can get a nice, big, hot coffee!!! Aaaaand maybe put in some eyedrops - these babies are REAL red lol.

Let's just hope I didn't jinx this! Back to practice questions for pharmacology...

Okay, back - it's about 9am and I am having issues. Every now and the Ross brings in people who are interviewing for positions on the faculty. To do this they also teach a class or two. Okay, this person has been having like 10 lectures and I feel bad to say, they are very disappointing. Not only are the notes scattered and all over the place, but alot of it too is basic and what we learned about 10 months ago. Not to mention she is telling us about every single strange bloody bowel movements she has ever had. *Shudder* I know I shouldn't complain because if I think it is easy, what's the problem? I know I know... But I am slightly offended by being taught some of this stuff. "I don't expect you to know the different kinds of DNA polymerase but I do expect you to know that DNA polymerase, polymerizes DNA." Well - yeaaaa. This is old hat, why is she teaching us this? I guess I just feel that this is time wasted that we could be learning new things and taking time away from studying. It's just a bit obnoxious that a person comes in to teach us, but is completely oblivious that we have learned alot of this. Sorry had to vent about it. Only like 5 or 6 more lectures with her but jeeze - I can't get over it yet.

Anyway, alright NOW I gotta go lol. Catch ya'll soon.

No comments: