Thursday, June 21, 2007

Leavin' home tomorrow...

Well, this one will be short but I am leaving my favorite place in the entire world - Trenton. I had a great last night at home, nothing too big just hanging out with a few friends at Big Al's for a bit with a few drinkies. But all along I was waiting to get back home to wait for Tony to get home from work. We are going to the movies tomorrow morning then to lunch before I take back off to The Rock. I am bummed I have to leave but now it is less than 6 months until I am coming home and I am so happy.

This break was great - I got to relax, be with family and friends and get my head back straight a bit about school. I needed a break and know I got one. I am ready to work hard and get back to it. Sadly, this break - actually just recently, my dog Mindy passed away and I am so sad about it. Long story short and not wanting to be a downer - I'll miss her. I remember when we first got her when I was 12. She was THEE CUTEST puppy EVER. She had a great voice too (I used to sing to her and she would sing right along...)! She was such a great girl and I will miss her so much. I hope she knows how much I loved her even though with college and Ross I haven't been home that much....

But also, on a different note, Tony and I did something quite exciting together - went shopping for engagement rings! It was so strange to do that but amazing at the same time. Tony is the love of my life and even though we have been best friends for almost a decade - I know God brought us together just now for a reason. Pretty soon we will be celebrating our one-year anniversary and I can't believe it! He has been a great support and I can't imagine my life without him! After shopping I took his sister to look at the ring and maybe tomorrow if there is time, his mom wants to go take a look! We aren't buying it yet, actually - it is all up to him. As he says, "It can be sooner and less romantic or later and more romantic." (because he has it all planned out how he wants to do it). We are both so excited for it but are trying to hold off... now that I think about it, I don't see why. We love each other and know we are meant for each other so we should do it. Anyway, it was a very exciting experience for us!

Well, he should be home soon so I better get going. Next time I post I might be in transit back to Dominica or if I am tired back to Dominica completely. So much work to do when I get back - but I am so motivated, as always, by my trips back home...

P.S. Tiff you rock! :) You can always put a smile on my face by your comments - love ya girlie!

No comments: