Thursday, June 14, 2007

Exciting News!!!

Well, mini 1 didn't go as well as I had hoped but at least I didn't fail anything. But I am so disappointed though still and always am even if others are wishing they had my scores - just who I am I guess... But anyway, while I was in the airport, I DEFINITELY did NOT get as much rest as I wanted to for this trip but it was such a different "turn of events"!

On my way out of Dominica I sat next to a lovely woman named Valarie. We spoke a little about her kid in NY and herself as well. I slept most of the way. But then as I woke up and we began talking again about how long my trips can be and how I came to be a student at Ross - then out of nowhere she was like "I know you don't know me and I don't know you - but I would like to give you money." Umm... what??? I was flattered by her offer, which she was making because she had told me that others had helped out her daughter in NY with small things and she was I suppose thinking of it as a "pay it forward" kinda thing. Of course, I declined over and over again - thanking her but telling her I would not feel comfortable doing that. But she persisted on for a long time and frankly seemed a bit offended if I refused again. She reached in her purse, pulled out and gave me $40US! I was stunned really. A stranger just giving me money to help me out? Wow. She told me to remember her when it seemed stressful and when I became a mother as well to remember this and in a way "pay it forward" to someone else. I thought it was such a nice gesture. I am very grateful and still feel a bit strange about the situation but that $40 came in handy. It helped me with my taxi ride from JKF to LGA airport and bought me some dinner and coffee! THANK YOU VALARIE!

So, I get to San Juan - and await my flight to NY. I tried to give my ticket back because they were giving comps but in the end it didn't work out. I sat by a man named Frankie. Such a sweet, funny and personable man and we spoke for nearly the whole four hour flight! We spoke of course of Ross, then his businesses (a man who never graduated college but had become a great success) and all the little things inbetween (we nearly had a spat over Paris Hilton - I couldn't believe he loved her so much!!! HAHA)! After some I found out that his success was in the MILLIONS. I'm sitting next to a millionaire lol, nice... That honestly didn't phase me in the least - good for him! But then we began talking more about Ross and got into the conversation of the RFDH foundation. Immediately he was interested, wanted to know more and was just intrigued by some stories I would tell. He looked at me and said something like, " I would like to do something here and and have my company help the foundation buy an incubator - the whole thing." THE WHOLE THING! I was floored!!!! How amazing is that?!!! I was floored!


Well I hope I hear from him soon. But as for now - I'm home! I am so happy about that but trying to get over this mini for right now. Hard to gather the motivation to keep going but then again I am no stranger to bumps in the road (<--- really). But I am going to go work on that motivation! Catch ya'll soon...

1 comment:

bellocielo said...

wowwwww that's so awesome abt the incubator and the nice lady, valarie :) lol. i'm glad there are nice ppl around!

u better be motivated missy! i failed 2 classes and still motivated... u passed everything!!! so shouldn't u ve more motivated? lol :)

have fun back home!