Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sleep is good...

Well, it's a new day. Last night I finished up around midnight and headed over to Fusion (a "bar") here on the island and stayed up a little past my bedtime. Okay, when I went to bed the sun was up. Ah well, I had my few hours of fun and back to the grind. I'm sure another nap is in order but it isn't so bad because it is hot studying in the apartment here during the day. Campus is being shutdown in a few hours for electical upgrades so home it is.

Tomorrow is my 2nd ICM day (intro to clinical medicine). Basically, we have locals come in and let us perform physical exams on them so we get more comfortable with the whole process. Last time we just basically did a head-to-toe survey of the patient and pulses. Tomorrow we are working on JVPs, blood pressures and normal/abnormal heart sounds and murmurs. It should be awesome but I really haven't done too much for this class so Iwill have to brush up tonight if I can. Then in the afternoon we have our behavioral lab where we take histories - and of course I volunteered to go. It will be nice to get that out of the way - I just hope I get a local who's accent I can understand! I'll give it my best shot I guess.

Only 9 days until I am out of here for a while! Heading home June 13th and staying home until June 22nd! I am so excited!!! 8-9 days at home is going to be such a nice break. But I have to get through the next week of studying and work hard to do well on Mini #1 next Monday.

I better get to it! Miss you all but I'll see ya in a few days!!! Muah!

No comments: