Sunday, August 27, 2006

Yes, two blogs in one day...

Today I went to Perky's Pizza, right across the street from the med school. It is real good!!! Felt good to have some good pizza away from home! Veggie and cheese of course (trying to work on eating well while I am here). I charged my phone a bit, so I know I can call sometimes to home. It's really sparingly though, but we'll see.

So now, I just got back from my New Student Party. It's so funny, we tried leaving and rain came out of nowhere! It rains almost everyday but in spurts. Nothing big but refreshing if you are walking around. But then it gets humid. Anyway, at least now I know there are so many people in my shoes. I met a ton of first semester people though tonight. There was alot of drinks going around but I didn't bother tonight. Being in a strange place with tons of strangers probably isn't a good idea lol. Their domestic beer is called Kabuli. I had a sip just to try it. Not bad, not good. Different lol. But I can see myself drinking it here and there. But again, not what I am here for. I met alot of people that I will probably be hanging around with this semester and studying with, so that makes me happy. :)

They already made fun of my last name here. "Hey, that rhymes with..." "Yea, I get that alot, thanks." Haha, just like home, j/k. My roomie wants to have a party before class starts with like 10 people or so. Just bring something and share with everone. Only having some people over that we have been hanging around with lately. Might be nice, but just something small to do that doesn't get us in trouble with James (the landlord). But he'd prolly be cool with a little get together.

Well, I'm back in the student lounge checking on AIM Express, hoping to catch some of you. Since today was Sunday, EVERYTHING was closed (except for a couple restaurants and churches). So tomorrow we should be set. My mom loves being in here, it is so cold and since we are not in our apartment the A/C is free. So we are just chillin' watching Billy Madison and now 10 Things I Hate About You. So, hit me up online when if you see me!

These posts will probably subside once classes start next Monday. I just have so much time on my hands I want to tell you guys everything! I miss you all and I will talk to you soon!

(Started out 8 weeks till I get home, now only about 7.5 lol - the countdown is on!!!)

F.Y.I. - the countdown on my blog says I am coming home in 3 months and some-odd weeks. That is just for my long break for Christmas. I got to make a new one lol.

Love, Me! :-D

No comments: