Friday, August 04, 2006

3 weeks from today...

Getting better with this blog thing now. I guess you guys can leave me messages with the comments link under each post. But I am sure I will catch you on AIM more often than not. Yes, I will have AIM lol, but I am still working on this phone issue. As of now, there will be no phone - because it is so expensive, but we'll see. I might just buy a phone card and use it sparingly.

I just got my luggage, it is so cute and purdy - red ;-). It is staring me in the face everytime I walk to my room - there it is in the living room, waiting to be packed. Oy. About to throw down about 2K on books - BOOKS! Who spends that much on books?!? Well some of it is for my dissection kit, stetho/oto/opthalmascope, and of course my labcoat for my White Coat Ceremony in the next few weeks. This ceremony is like every other school where it is like a 'welcoming' into the medical field kind of thing. Traditional, I guess. Anyhoo - they give speeches and things like that, then all the students go up one by one like getting a diploma and have one of the older faculty don you with a white labcoat. Kinda bummed because this is on the island and not at home so nobody can come see me. My mom talks about coming but it is just too far and too expensive. At least my graduation is at home, well NYC I think. New York or New Jersey, I forget which!

As much as I don't want to go, I can't wait to get on a beach! its like 365 days of summer! Of course, I'll be thinking of ya'll and wishing you were with me but hey fly down!!! Might try to learn to surf if they get decent waves. On weekends alot of people actually travel if they get all their studying done. They go to places like Martinique, St. Martin, Venezuela - YIKES! Talk about a nice relaxing weekend. Some of these places I hear have beer for $.25 a bottle! Where's William? I am sure he's in! Hahaha.

Well, I am not gone yet so I am going to get myself ready and go hang out with all ya'll tonight! It's about bar time in T-town! :-D

-Jess XOXO

No comments: