Monday, August 14, 2006

The countdown is ON!

Just about 10 days left till I am off to go to school! I am getting sooo excited but still of course - freaked. It makes me feel so much better to talk to other students that aren't coming till January or May. I get to help them figure out how to get ready to come to Ross and at the same time feel better because I know by the time the May class gets there I will have started my second year! That's what keeps me motivated, just how speedy this really will be and then I can come back home to you all!

Please keep in touch! I will have AIM still along with email (a new email address is on the way) and also I am getting Yahoo Messenger where I just got my phone number (I managed to get a number with a 734 area code!!! Talk about me doing anything to feel like being at home...). I have to test it out though before I give it out.

I know this last few days are going be rough on me so sorry if I start crying! LOL. But I know it is going to happen. Hopefully I will be able to do that 'coming home every 8 weeks' thing. I will have to set that up when I get to campus though because I have not gotten my syllabus for the semester yet. So someone help me out and tell me some good days to come home in October!

So I will be leaving around 7am on Friday morning, next Friday morning that is. My mom is coming with me and as soon as we get there we are gonna be met by student ambassadors and what not to take us to RUH (Ross University Housing). We are suppose to stay here for the night and take a housing tour in the morning but I think I am just going to live at this place for my first semester. Just to make it easier. It has: Dual voltage, Water, Great Location (about as close to campus as one could get), Enclosed Setting and Campus Security, Swimming Pool (the only other apartment with a pool is Avies Ville), Daily Cleaning Service,A/C, DSL INTERNET , Modem rental included, GENERATOR!! Refrigerator and Microwave. Oh and also about a 20 second walk to the beach! If you guys ever Google Earth this place the school is located on the side of the Caribbean Sea. So - 20 seconds from the Caribbean Sea!!!

Anyway, once I get to the RUH I just need to set up my banking and wait for registration/orientation which begins on the 29th. I am gonna get my 200 lbs. of books along with everything else I ordered since it was already sent down there. Then STUDYTIME! I am so used to the sutdying routine, I can't wait.

I ended up going to a Ross info seminar last Saturday. I didn't want to go because I though I knew everything I needed to know about this place. I was wrong. I was so happy to find out of my options for my 3rd and 4th year in Michigan - what a relief! Also there were many graduates of the program who are in their 2nd and beyond years of residency. They are all doing fantasic - equaling and even some surpassing U.S. students on the boards (licensing exams). So much for that Caribbean stigma, I really don't believe it anymore. They have residencies in every field (anethesiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, etc.) and in every state of the U.S. which no other Caribbean school can say so! So I think Ross will be a blessing in the long run!

Well, it is late I am going to chill a bit and watch some ER, do some packing. I'll see you all prolly tomorrow or whenever! Call me up to do something - I'm down! *wink*

Love you all! Jessica

No comments: