Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The race is on...

Well, here I am - back again. I had such a great time visiting at home but had to get back and catch up on all my missed lectures and get ready for mini #2. I've been away from my blog - so what do you know - mini #2 is here!

It's been probably the hardest time so far on the island being here. Catching up only took me like two days so that wasn't bad at all. But just the adjustment back was harder on me. Not to mention studying for the mini has been insane. Over 100 drugs on this mini alone and while our mini is on Monday we still have over 10 hours of lecture left to go this week. Crazy. Oh well. Once this mini is over - we start going DOWNHILL - again for the 3rd time. I can't wait to get back home next month. The last semester break before my LAST semester in Dominica!

I finally have been able to do some things for myself now to keep my spirits better than before. I had my "shoe fiasco" where the store gave me 2 left shoes when I was home in May but I got that fixed so I have been able to go to the gym pretty much everyday! Ahhhhh so much better! I also made a nice Victoria's Secret order that I will get when I get home next month! New bathing suits! I haven't even touched water since I have been here (so sad I know) but Tony and I are going up north to his cabin for a few days and now I can look good while I am there! *wink*

But mostly I have been thinking about home more and more. I used to stop myself from doing it because it made me so sad since I missed it. But the stress this semester is unreal and I find that i have to think about being back in Michigan. I think alot of people in my class can see how irritated I am alot of the time but most agree that they feel the exact same way as I do. 43 days and it is the end of semester three - and then I will be nearly half way done with my second year of medical school!

So, with that said - I must go again... I'll be back though, alot sooner than last time! Miss everyone at home so much!!!!

P.S. I hate missing holidays and at the closing of yet another holiday away from home I hear popping outside - FiReWoRkS!!!!!! Just a about 20 little fireworks but put a smile on my face!

No comments: