Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Homesick...

Mini #2 is over. That's crazy. I don't know how it went but all I can do is hope for the best. Last night was such a bust, for me. There were a few things that led up to it but I just got so homesick and I cried and cried. I would have done anything to get home. Sana and I hung out at a place that really didn't make us comfortable, then trying to call home my phone says I am out of minutes - plus I hadn't slept since 30 hours prior. I just lost it. I don't even know why I try to go out anymore because when it comes down to it, I just think about home and all my friends that I miss. I get so homesick that I can't enjoy my time after a big exam.

So I ended up going back home to finish crying and just sleep but today I am waking up feeling the same way. The difference is now I have to start working again. I feel like I cheated myself of a good time by getting homesick, but what am I suppose to do? I'm not like alot of people here that love going out all the time and have a million friends. It is kinda hard to disregard how I feel about home. I don't know - my birthday is coming up next week and Sana wants to go out for that. I don't know how I feel about that. It's hard enough spending your 23rd birthday in a 3rd world country being away from everyone you know and love compared to being home and walking in your mom's house to see crepe paper, balloons and a little cake for the 23rd year in a row and it making you feel so special everytime. I think that will be kinda hard. Up there with these past couple weeks and last Thanksgiving which were really hard on me too.

Sorry if this is a bummish post but I just need to vent this off too. I know home is getting closer so that is good but I guess in the meantime I will just be homesick. At least you all know how much I miss you! I'm gonna get going but I will write again soon. Hopefully when I am feeling a bit better.

1 comment:

bellocielo said...

HI jessica! I'm sorry that you are feeling homesick. I saw u today and I didn't even stop to ask how u were... After we passed by, I thought something was going on when you weren't ur usual happy self :) >< I'll give u a BBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG hug when I see u!

I hope that everything will be better for you, jessica... another month and we're out of here!!!!!! It'll be sooner than you think :)

Hang in there!