Thursday, July 19, 2007

Goodbye 22, hellloooo 23!

I can't believe I am going to be 23 years old. I really don't want to be lol. Sure, it is still young but wow, 23! I remember my 16th like it was yesterday my 19th, my 21st! Goodness. Thinking about it though and I honestly don't think I could have crammed much more into my 22 years so far on this Earth lol. Even now I am trying go to through everything I wanted to accomplish by now and I am right on schedule, haha! That is a great feeling inside just to know that you are so happy with your life and love it just the way that it is.

I wish I was home to celebrate it but it's okay. It will just make me appreciate my 24th even more (eww). But at least I did get a nice party when I went home (Tony threw me a surprise birthday party!!!)! It was so soooo sweet and I never thought I would be so lucky to have someone that would go to so much trouble just for me. I thought it was a Father's Day BBQ but then I slowly started hearing "Happy Birthdays!" (I thought they were just wishing it to me because they knew I'd be gone), seeing a couple cards and a cake with a pink flower on it (hey, a cake with pink flowers totally says "Happy Father's Day" lol). But then Tony brought me inside and right like family tradition I got to sit in "the circle" lol.

The circle is where the birthday guy/girl has to sit in the middle of the whole family while they all sing "Happy Birthday" to you but it's not such a nice musical tune lol. They just all sporatically yell/scream whatever part of the song and random words - and all you can do is turn beet-red and laugh! Even though I did a bit before, I really felt like I was part of the family after that day... I was there for a couple birthdays and saw them doing it to them and I thought that it would be so fun to be part of that someday! Well, I definitely got a taste of it! It was the best thing ever.

Sigh, well back to reality here in Dominica lol, jk. It's those kind of memories I will remember forever and I'm so blessed to have Tony's family in my life - they are such an amazing family! Well, as for now I have alot of studying to do - so much that I feel a bit guilty to go out tomorrow but I will! I can't be so deluded as to skip my own birthday... Not lookin' to be some kinda martyr here. Soooo I should probably get to it.

Just a special shoutout to my family, to thank them for putting up with me for these 22 years and to my Mom for having such a great kid! jk!!!) ... Love you with all my heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica! Today is actually also my mother-in-laws b-day, tomorrow is mine and the next day is my son's 1st b-day! Quite a few July b-days :-)...Wishing you an awesome day. May God continue to bless you in all areas of your life as you complete your time on the island and as you plan for the future with fiancee! MissionaryMD