Friday, June 13, 2008

Been a long time coming...

Time for a summer vacation! As short as it may be, I think a month will be plently of "off" time. After it all - applications, interviews, preparations, 16 months of the island and its drama, COMP(x2), 3 months of 5th semester and the the USMLE Step 1 - I have earned (hopefully) a nice, cool 4 weeks off with nothing to do but relax! Of course provided I get the pass on the Step but after which I will be pretty much immediately beginning rotations!

It is so odd not doing anything. I think alot of my fellow students can attest to the excitement of vacation but after about a week or so, a sense of being ansty or bored sets in! We have been conditioned to go all year round and just be such workhorses we forget how to enjoy a break! So far, mine has been niiiice. Unfortunately, my finace has been working overtime since we have such severe weather now in my area but I am hoping he gets to hang out with me this weekend. I have just been relaxing with some brewskis, laying out, working out and trying to get my house back up to code with cleaning! This next week will probably entail the same but then starts some real vacations! Going to Ohio to see one of my girlfriends with Anna for the weekend, which will be really nice considering the whole next week I will be in North Carolina with the boys relaxing through the 4th of July! Actually, by the time I get back I might have my Step scores -gulp. Not gonna lie, that is still majorly on my mind. Everyone has their opinions on what is the best indicator of the score to expect. Trying to keep it out of my mind but am going through forums as a form of therapy for me to see other peoples' stories of success with practice scores like mine...

Anyhoo - just trying to enjoy my break. As of right now, I'm sitting next to my sleeping puppy, watching the weather updates while sipping on a hazelnut coffee - soon to take off for back-to-back gym classes of Zumba (cardio salsa) and kickboxing with Alisha! Tonight? Hanging out with some of my loves at Big Al's (our local bar down the street)! Yayyy! I think it's gonna be a good day! :) I hope you have a nice day too!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what are some of the forums you read? are they also by ross students?

bellocielo said...

enjoy ur well deserved break!!!! =) u're always in my thoughts.