Friday, May 30, 2008

Jessica vs. the USMLE Step 1 Exam: June 9th, 2008!

Well the date is set: June 9th, 2008 @ 10am I will be taking on the Step exam! I am SO glad to have it scheduled but strange how such a little thing can finally make me start freaking out. Yesterday me and 10 other girls went to see the midnight showing of Sex and the City! Sooooooo very good! Loved it! As soon as I got back, I figured that I would check my email and there it was - my testing permit after nearly a month!

Since I took my COMP in Michigan and it was a new thing, they couldn't find or have record of our scores which delayed my permit by an EXTRA two weeks, grrrr... But I am lucky and as soon as I got my permit I could sign up for the next week. I wanted to do the Saturday but upon refreshing my browser - it was already gone!!! So I stayed up (now being ~4am) to decide when I was going to take this bad boy. I decided on the next possible chance on Monday at 10am. It is at the nearest site to my house, about a 25 minute drive. Starting at 10am means that I will be out sometime around 6ish in the afternoon so that isn't too bad. So strange to think that in 10 days it will all be over. I am starting to wig.

Since I have started my studying after my 1st failed COMP, my scores on practice tests have went up and up. 175, 190, 198! Yay, well... I took another test, the USMLE.org's 150 question practice test. I did very well on it and scored to what they said would correlate to a 219. I am now seeking advice on what to make of such a correlation. I improved from a 175-190 in a matter of two weeks so why couldn't I get a 219 after a month? Anyway, bottom line is I am practically disregarding that test because I don't believe it nor think it is valid. Maybe I will give myself credit and consider it to be a 209 to keep me grounded. Ugh, I don't know. I guess the best way to find out would be to just keep taking practice exams. I've done the NBME form 3 & 4 and the usmle.org's practice test and still have the UW one to take and forms 5 & 6 if I can squeeze them all in. I would at least like to take UW and one more form. As long as those scores are decent - I'm happy. If not, well I guess I am stuck now aren't I? Hahaha.

Anyway, time to start the day. Wish me luck on all the practice questions I can fit in!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Dr. Michael Anderson said...

You are probably at the end of your residency by now, but it sounds like you are on your way to becoming a pier with us in the medical field.

Score95.com USMLE STEP 1, USMLE STEP 2 CK and USMLE STEP 3 question banks contains thousands of images, audio and video! Yes, you heard right, VIDEO! We have identified and produced the most likely videos you will see on the USMLE. For this reason alone, this USMLE question bank is a must buy! http://www.score95.com/