Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Back on the study train...

Argh, boy-boy I wish I could just have a summer vacation like I used to in high school. Lifeguarding by the pool, getting a tan and pretty much no other responsibilities. Oh well, it's not so bad now. I am back to studying now for my Step exam and am pretty sure I have about a month to go or less. My date isn't secure yet but as soon as I can set it, I will be taking it pretty much as soon as possible. The Synergy program needs our scores by around mid-July so I have to be quick. You'd think this would make me want to study hard 24/7 until then - and then - have a nice looooong break until rotations start, but no. I'm tired and don't feel like doing much.

Despite this, I have done biochem videos again and am now moving onto physio. So I guess you could say there is progress being made but I am just ready to get to get a break and moreso, to get into clinicals! Life will be so different then. It's funny, studying medicine is just constantly starting new situations, getting used to them, then having to change it up all over again. There was applying, actually deciding to go to a foreign country, making it through there, starting up with our ICM classes which was new in terms of starting clinical experience, doing 5th semester, taking the COMP (in my case twice, haha - it's okay you can laugh too since I passed :P) and now working towards the Step. Each I have undertaken, gotten used to but just when I get used to it, it's time for something new!

Anyhoo - at least I feel ready for the next experiences coming up! In the meantime, I better get back to studying and, when I am taking a break, work on planning our wedding!!! Such a fun distraction!

No comments: