Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Second time is a charm?

COMP #2 is over. I just don't know how to read this one. I cannot explain how hard I worked for this exam but some of the questions on that form... Oy. Maybe it is just the way people feel after exams all the time. I just can't remember how I felt after the first one. Maybe I will take a trip down to my old blog on it, haha. Pharm actually wasn't bad on this one... But jeeze who knows. All I know is the opinion of the 5 here that took it, which share my same thoughts. I wonder how it was in Miami? Dominica? My second practice exam - I swore I did so awful but really improved ALOT so maybe it is like this too?

To be truthful, I am just trying to think what would be the purpose of me failing. I can't change what has already happened. What's done is done. At least this time I know how hard I worked. It just seems so ironic that when I really wasn't studying hard like last time (be it that I was just SO thrilled to be home), I still pulled a 62%. Now, when I worked so very hard - I could do worse? I guess today, I am just trying to see why it would work out that way - just to prepare myself for the worst. Failing this means alot: no Saginaw program, no Step next month, possible COMP #3 and worst of all practically impossible to graduate in 2010. Okay, okay lady - slow down, right? Haha, I know I know, but hey you chose to read this blog and I am giving you exactly what is going through my mind right now. Anyhoo - I'm just wondering what lesson I was meant to learn if that were to happen. I am just not sure what it would be. I worked so hard, tried and tried.

Finally, upon getting home I was thinking that maybe I am just supposed to have faith. I prayed so much and put so much of myself into studying - I just need to believe that it is possible and stop being so negative. Maybe it went just fine and I have nothing to worry about. Of course I would love to do better but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy with a 64% passing score. I hear though that just like the practice exams I have taken, there is a curve to US students, depending on the difficulty of the form taken. Far be it for me to just whine about how hard it was if I didn't prepare but it really was a tough one. Of course, there were some very easy questions, but how many I'm not sure. Maybe the ones I got right, everyone else did too and it doesn't matter. Anyway, I just remember getting my second practice exam score and being shocked of how I improved! It was so much harder, it seemed than the first one. So I am wondering if it was a curve based on it being a harder form.

Oy, these thoughts can go on and on. I am glad it is done though. I know this time was so much different. I slept well, ate breakfast, was very relaxed and confident going in, no traveling around the country or taking taxis and getting lost in Miami - and I worked my "tail" off - seriously... Things were so different this time. So will it be reflected when my scores come in? I honestly feel that I am so ready to move on to the next step of my journey. I just pray for the faith and belief that all the hard work will pay off...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure u gonna make it, and I wish u good luck!

bellocielo said...

I'm so proud of u, jess =)