Thursday, April 17, 2008

Revived and Ready to go!

Man that was a rough few days! I just couldn't get as much work done as I wanted! But now, I am back on track. I just finished my BLS/ACLS course (a whole day lol) and passed my exam. I am now certified! It was a very cool exam. Besides the two written exams we had to take, we had to go in groups to the simulation lab and each take our turn running a code. Very cool. Mind you it was not the perfect example by any means but really was, well an adrenaline rush and exciting to have a run at it! Now knowing not only drugs but moving into dosages is really yet another step in our prep for clinicals. Slowly but surely, we are getting ready for that next transition... Crazy that it is here so soon!

As for now, I have my final list of what to look over before my exam Tuesday and am making good progress thus far. Feeling confident and just ready to kick this exam out and get home. Of course, my homecoming week would not be complete without my 5th semester final exam and epidemiology exam (mind you, a 2 hour exam over 2 lectures lol) but I am sure it will all work out just fine. The COMP is my misson next week and everything else must take a back seat.

Today I had such a great morning. I woke up finding out my peds rotation was cancelled. Yes, sure would have been a nice experience, but we had been cancelled on once already and a few other classmates, when their rotations were cancelled - they didn't have to reschedule. My luck, I did. Being days away from the most important test thus far and going home, I was so happy for the extra study time! I definitely made use of it! After waking up, I found the front desk of the hotel put two cards under my door! Thanks Mom and Tim! Love you both tons!!! I swear their support is SO appreciated! Such a great start to the day! Today, I really was motivated as my Tony will be here tomorrow! It has been a rough week on me and when he told me he was coming made my week! I know I could make it until the end without him here but it means so much whenever I can see him and it recharges me - big time. He will be here for just a day but just enough for me to get back to work, finish here and move my bootie back home!

So today, I have looked through my practice exams one more time, started my flashards and continued on with my First Aid (this time knowing more what I am looking at then just aimlessly memorizing any detail to cram in my head lol). Still working, while watching the Food Network (Unwrapped!). Tomorrow is our last day of class where one of my favorite teachers who works in the ER (all my favs are ER docs lately, lol) is going to teach us more procedures - central lines, LPs, IVs etc. It will be a nice add-on to the catheters and intubation training and a "fun" last day!

Anyhoo - back to work, the end is near and 6th semester is almost in sight! Okay, I think we can lose the "semester" talk and just go for rotations! Please keep me in prayers and thoughts Tuesday if you can - nervous but confident at the same time!

P.S. Good luck down on the island - last push!!! Keep studying, homeward bound soon! :D

No comments: