Friday, October 26, 2007

Time's chippin' away!

Class for today is nearly over and I am glad. Finally, I have time to study. This week I have been leaving early nearly everyday because I have had to get up early to do clinicals but it's all over now. No more Stan sessions (simulated patient) and no more hospital rotations! The semester is starting to wrap up (or so I'd like to think).

My mom and step-dad are coming down to the island 2 weeks from tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited! I am dying to see anyone from home without the help of a webcam. I really think that my not coming home this semester after mini #1 really hurt me mentally. It was just so hard after coming back my second and third semester to not come back home. I stayed here the 4 months for my first semester so I know I can do it again. Actually, it is almost over so I'm sure of it - haha. But seeing my family will be wonderful. Unfortunately, they will only be here for 2 days which is such a tease but nearly one month after they come - I will be going back home - FOR GOOD. Nothing special planned really just some nice time together and catching up. I decided not to attend the 4th semester banquet. It is partly because my folks will be arriving that day but also - I really just don't feel like going. Yeah... so that is settled.

My countdowns are just getting ridiculous. I have my countdown to home (48 days) my countdown for lecture hours (after today 49 hours) and constantly updating my Facebook and AIM profile as well. I think out of the whole class I have to be one of the people who wants to leave here most. So much is waiting for me back home and I need to get there now more than ever. I hope to God I never take things back home for granted again because this island has showed me how much they mean to me. I am planning on setting up a little study area in the house so I have a place to quietly study away from distractions and just keep all my work organized. I can't wait to set it up! My mom is worried that I will be like I was on vacation and not be as productive as I would like to be. I can see that, but really know that it will not be like that. Studying is a huge part of my life now and it isn't like high school studying, college studying - but studying to pass my COMP exam that I have to take in January and my first of three medical board exams coming up in June. I'm very excited to begin working towards that in a more focused way!

Not too far now - just a matter of a little over a month and it is all over. Hard to believe and I am sure it will be filled with emotion when it really sinks in! I can't say that "I did it!" yet but I can definitely see the finish line! :)

No comments: