Wednesday, October 24, 2007

This one goes out to my fans!

After this blogger talking about enabling my "cookies" (in which immediate hunger followed) - and again, internet constantly goes out 30 mins after I get back to my apartment and the blogging has halted again. After going to the bookstore - I found out I have a mini fan-club!!! :D HI EVERYONE!

After hearing that it is time to update, I put in a little effort into fixing "my cookies" (still have no idea) but the genius that I am has fixed it! So HA!

So.... Where to continue from... Well, I got mini #1 back and I passed everything with flying colors. Well, maybe like half-staff? Haha, no I did alright. Everytime I take an exam I tell myself that I will be happy if I just pass - but it somehow always turns into - ahhhh, I wish I had done better. Ah well, another chance is around the corner - mini #2. Yes, I have paused on blogging so much that it is just about that time again. I am taking it a week from Monday and then I'm really on the downhill to getting off this Rock! It's crazy how time flies.

Besides school things are SO busy. Honor Council is keeping me busy with a couple things which is pretty time consuming. The foundation is going FABULOUS - except for the stupid customs agents in Dominica still holding onto our equipment!!! We found out we don't have to pay the $3,000EC to get it to us (ridiculous - it's a donation!!!) but we will have to pay for storage fee. Fine. I say whatever - can't be more than $500EC... I hope. I am so thrilled though because there are wonderful students interested in taking RFDH over after most of us leave! I am so happy that I found passionate people that I know will do a fantastic job.

As I have probably said before, sometimes I look back this time last year to see what I was doing. It makes me laugh. The pre-reading, 5am wake up calls, the giant physio book that only a master's student would read - yep, all me. I just can't believe it is nearly time for me to move on from the island and start building my life back up at home. So much has changed. I came here an eager, freshly graduated college student leaving behind friends, family and a boyfriend and am coming home an exhausted, 3rd year (nearly) medical student coming back home to my family and finace!!!

I must say, that is a nice transition. Of course, there is all that personal growth and all, haha. That's a big one that I overlooked. I can now say that I am quite the independant person. I remember telling my mom that once when I was in college. She flat out told me that I wasn't - which was so true. Yes, I lived on my own in college but still pretty much had gotten everything I needed from my parents (thanks again for the millionth time!!! :D). I know that anything that I have to deal with from now on will be nothing compared to some of the things I have went through here.

Will I miss it? Of course now I am so busy with EVERYTHING I'd love to say heck no - but I might sigh and admit that a part of me will... somehow haha. So, on that note, I better get back to studying - I have hospital tomorrow all day, so I will write sometime after and let you know how it went! I love hospital days!!!

Hugs to all and to those in my fan club (don't worry I'll stop calling it that) leave a message and kick my butt if I am slackin' on this! :)

Take care.

No comments: