Saturday, October 27, 2007

Senioritis

Yes people, it's official. I have senioritis. Being that there are four semester's down here in Dominica, I am now a senior on the island - and like both high school and college, senioritis is in full swing. I am so anxious to get home but still have another 47 days to go before I get my final plane ride out of here. It isn't like I am slacking, I am working as hard as I can. There are times, however, when I just want to go out to Fusion and stay out all night or go home with some snacks and vino and park it in front of my tv for 12 hours straight.

Alas, now it is turning into crunch time and my next midterms are looming ahead. Of course. No rest for Jessica, as usual. I used to thrive on this - all my hard work pushing me to want to do more and get ahead. Now? I'm passing everything so I just want OUT. There's a good attitude! I think it is the attitude of most though. As long as I am passing everything, I have a guaraunteed ticket out of here. I am going to keep working hard but some days (like today) I just want someone in the same mindset as me and just knock off a few hours early tonight to go hang out. No such luck among my classmates tonight. So I guess I will just follow suit and keep working...

ZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz..... OKKK! I'm awake, I'm awake! Back to the books...

No comments: