Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Crunch Time...

Well vacation is over and it is back to the real world. I am glad to get things going again though. Unfortunately to me, it seems like it might not be happening! I am still waiting for my scores and with Monday (the day I am supposed to start FM) being 5 weeks, I am finding myself in a bind. All my forms are in to start at this facility, including my health assessment form. The dates are set and ready to go. It seems like I just missed the right time to take the Step as people that took it just 2 weeks prior to me got their scores within 4 weeks. It seems like I might have to wait until the 16th to get them which cuts into my first week - of course. Luckily I have a very flexible preceptor and doesn't pose a problem but shifting a week forward then cuts into my orientation at Saginaw at the end of August! This is a bad game of Dominos.

Not only am I worried about starting FM on time but jeeze - I am still freaking about the Step! Did I even pass?? I must be rolling some dice because I feel like I am just setting up for a huge disappointment if I failed. That is alot of things to cancel in my near future. Ugh, I just can't think about that now.

Anyway, I have emailed some higher-ups just to get some advice, which I hope will be more than "tough luck". I just know I have busted my butt to get this far and to obtain the great opportunities that were out there and seeing it come to a screeching halt makes my stomach sick. It is just awful not knowing where I will be next week. I could be picking up Kaplan and beginning my Step 1 studies again or I could be starting my FM rotation. I hope and pray it is the latter, but I guess I am just on hold until I hear more. Until then, please pray as I am that I can move forward and stay on schedule...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDDEEE, trust me you passed. It is in the stars, who else can I do thursty thursdays with and do really bad line dancing with. Just knock out that other roation and get down to buisness.
You know who this is
:)