Friday, July 25, 2008

I passed the USMLE Step 1!

My days of stress, at least for the meantime, are OVER! I had gotten my results July 16th (soooo sorry for the late entry) and I just couldn't help but cry of happiness! I didn't do amazing but I didn't 'just pass' either. 200/82 is my score and I am completely happy with it! I had already started my family med rotation and I was taking my lunch break at home when the email came saying my score was ready. Ugh, moment of truth! I cannot tell you how much I was shaking! But as I scrolled down I saw "PASS" and... well, eventually got the hint that it was all behind me. I just couldn't believe it at first.

So what now? I am now done with 2 weeks of family med and I love it. I really didn't think I would but I have a great teacher and she really gives me alot of freedom to do what I am comfortable with (which I never turn down an offer for a new procedure or task) and is giving me a great experience thus far. I can only hope that I am what she expected in a 3rd year and possibly even more! I will be writing soon about my past couple weeks and truly cannot believe after next week it will be half over! Usually I count down my days, but I am really not in a rush to finish this rotation. I am learning alot and am very glad I have this rotation first. Of course, I am sure there are benefits to having any of the rotations first but my perspective is that I am getting alot of patient contact and practice with a thorough interview for specific and common complaints and to me a way of working that makes it an easy transition into my clinical years. Next up will be back to Saginaw which the orientation begins August 25th and psychiatry will be my first rotation on my schedule there - yay!

I can't wait to write about my experiences, so many in just two weeks! I just wanted to finally pass on that my Step 1 is now over and time to look onward to Step 2 CK/CS! What a sigh of relief! Thank you for all your support and prayers, I appreciate it so very much!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congra!! jessica.

Anonymous said...

thanks for ignoring my previous post about the comp. congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank God! I knew you'd make it!
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Thats so impressive!! I can't believe you did it with your 1.5 GPA!! You give me so much hope...so proud of you

Dr. Jessica, M.D. said...

Hey sorry about the delay on the COMP post! I talk about it a little during my studies of my 2nd one, more of how I basically did nothing the first time around since I was so happy to be home from the island, lol. I will get to it soon, sorry!

Thanks for all your congrats! ...and I didn't get a 1.5 GPA but thanks! ;) :)

XOX, Jess

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, I'm a Ross kid who started in may 2007, and I also scored in the 200s as well! its so nice to see other ross kids scoring in this range as I can relate to that, otherwise I was feeling depressed about my score, as every other ross kid that I spoke to scored from 220-230 and it felt like someone rubbing salt in my wound, and I thought I was the only one who didn't, thanks for your post..