Monday, April 05, 2010

Only one Monday to go as a medical student...

So, infectious disease. Not too shabby! This is a consult month, so really it isn't hard. The hard part for me is just these antibiotics (which is why I chose ID for an elective - to get help in this area). My attendings are very nice and am really not having any dread going in but I think I can confidently say - I am starting to get checked OUT. I am so happy I lasted this long without feeling this way but having my last day of medical next Friday, I am full of excitement and anticipation! I keep thinking about how I will feel!

April 16th is my last day and then freedom for a while! I am feeling that I don't want to waste away my vacation. Granted I do not want to study the whole time either but I just feel so determined to getting myself organized for residency - to make the most out of my time at Henry Ford Hospital (HFH) and at the same time getting what I want out of my own personal life as well. Balance. I'm working on my checklist for that now and am excited to feel like I think I can achieve it.

The rotation is going well though. I find myself finishing my pre-rounds and new consults in record time, just ready to get the day going and done with. Not that I hate being there, the teaching is great... but you know - kinda close to the eeeennndddd... gonna be a docctorrrr soooonnnn. Anyway, turns out that waiting for rounds takes about 3-4 times as long as it does to do my work - oh well, they are so nice to work with anyway! Luckily my attending has meetings like crazy tomorrow and told me to just take the day off. YAY! That never (literally) happens. There is plently that I can get done, especially that pesky task of ordering my cap and gown!!! Hopefully, I can do some research too :)

Well I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow too! I will talk to you soon <3!


P.S. It is barely April and I have already tied my total amount of posts for 2009, haha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB JESSICA!!

Unknown said...

Well i am here first time and found that this amazing site and informative which gives all reader many good

Medical Books Store